Required Education and Experience:
A terminal degree in one of the following: Information Technology, Information Assurance, Cyber Security or comparable degree or significant related experience. Experience in on-line education in higher education.
Entrepreneurial spirit that will help develop a start-up, accredited, international, on-line university offering BS and MS in cyber security; educational leadership in higher education as department chair or above; responsible for creating and supporting educational programs of the highest quality; maintaining a profitable cost center; recruiting and maintaining an excellent and diverse global faculty; working with a comprehensive academic advisory board; meeting budget expectations and resource allocations; contributing to college advancement including student recruitment and enhancing relationships with alumni, partner institutions and community and cyber leaders; familiarity with accreditation procedures and state and federal reporting. While this is an on-line university, the dean must have a full-time physical presence in our Albuquerque, NM office. The selected candidate should be able to articulate the important contributions of fields in cyber security.
EC-Council University is a nationally accredited US university owned by EC Council, the largest professional training and certification body in Information Security. EC-Council is recognized by CHEA, NICE and CNSS to meet the national standards of cyber security education.
Application materials should be addressed to Search Committee. Deadline for Application is April 15, 2017.
Applicants must provide the following:
- Cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements/expectations of the position
- List of three references with phone numbers.
4. And respond to the following questions. No longer than a total of 5 pages
- Budget: Describe the process you have used when adjusting to a significant budget cut.
- Accreditation In preparing for an accreditation visit, how did you engage other staff to make sure that your department/division met educational standards in preparing the report?
- Cyber security We are a university specializing in cyber security degrees. How will you make sure that the university curriculum is always in the forefront?
- International ECCU is a global, on-line university. Describe your experience working with international students. In an on-line environment, how will you ensure that international students are appropriately prepared for the challenges of successfully completing the Bachelor and/or Master’s degree?
- Start-up Describe the challenges of a start-up university and how you will meet them as the dean of ECCU. Address recruitment, curriculum, faculty, and entrepreneurial activities (ie. Supporting a profitable business).