EC-Council University is dedicated to creating superior educational programs enabling graduates to be equipped to face the latest IT security risks and lead their colleagues in strategically handling those challenges.
Founded in 2003 by the School’s President, Mr. Sanjay Bavisi, EC-Council University (ECCU) is headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Albuquerque is a charming community nestled in the Sandia Mountains, full of diverse culture and rich tradition located in the heart of the Southwestern United States with a population of nearly 1 million people.
EC-Council University was incorporated in Wyoming in 2003 and licensed by the New Mexico Higher Education Department in 2006. The institution was created to educate and train information security professionals. Information security involves in-depth knowledge of a wide array of hardware and software systems as well as the skills and techniques to negotiate them.
EC-Council, the parent company of EC-Council University, is a world leader in certifying professionals in these skills and techniques. However, EC-Council University President Sanjay Bavisi believes that information security professionals must not only have skills and techniques, but they must be educated to step into leadership and managerial roles in their companies, agencies and organizations. This belief led to the establishment of the Master of Security Science Program and the Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security program.
EC-Council University places particular value on the qualities of ethical behavior, innovative thinking, critical thinking, scholarship and leadership. In a field as narrow and yet as far reaching as information security, these values promote and advance the ultimate goal of educating information security experts, preparing them to make the world safer and more secure for everyone.
By incorporating these values with our course content and assessment measures, the educational environment becomes a dynamic and multi-dimensional process that empowers our students to become critical and innovative thinkers and research-oriented problem solvers who embody high ethical standards, leadership skills and an understanding of the global impact of their work.
- Master of Science in Cyber Security
– The focus of the Master of Security Science program is to provide students with a strong and solid foundation in information assurance as well as preparation in management and leadership.
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security
– Bachelor of Science in Information Security Program prepares students to obtain knowledge for careers in information security and assurance. The program consists of topical areas dealing with computer security management, incident response, and security threat assessment, which require students to be creators of knowledge and inventors of processes, not merely users of information. Additionally, students will receive instruction in leadership and management in preparation for becoming managers and directors.
- Graduate Certificate Program
– Focuses on the competencies necessary for information assurance professionals to become managers, directors and CIOs.
EC-Council University Will:
- Strive to strengthen institutional effectiveness and collegian governance.
- Maintaining qualified staff and instructors
- Promoting and encouraging continuous learning and support within
- Fostering collaboration among university staff
- Maintaining a high level of integrity
- Ensure excellence in Information Assurance
- Providing high quality programs that meet the evolving needs
- Keeping up-to-date assurance texts
- Ongoing research and development
- Develop an engaged, diverse, high quality student population while increasing student learning.
- Encouraging more student-to-student threaded discussions and fostering collaboration
- Online development and implementation of ilabs for student engagement
- promoting Information Assurance and educational programs to the public
- Offering annual tuition scholarships to geographical areas of need