EC-Council University provides a written procedure which details how students or other parties may register a complaint or grievance, how the institution will investigate the complaint, and how the institution will attempt to solve the complaint.

Student ComplaintsDefinitionProcedure

Student Complaints:

The University is committed to handling any student complaint in a way which:

  • encourages informal resolution,
  • is fair and efficient,
  • treats the student with appropriate seriousness and sympathy,
  • is quick and consistent with a fair and thorough investigation


The University defines a complaint as “a specific concern on the part of a student about the provision of education or other service by the University.” Examples include:

  • inaccurate or misleading information about the programs of study;
  • inadequate teaching or supervision;
  • insufficient academic facilities;
  • service not provided to standard advertised;
  • the behavior of a member of the staff;
  • the behavior of another student


If a student wishes to make a complaint, he or she must do so within 60 days of the date on which the event occurred.

A complaint may only be made by a student or group of students, not by a third party or representative. Anonymous complaints will only be accepted if there is sufficient evidence to support it and will be treated with caution.

The student may have reservations about making a complaint, but the University takes complaints very seriously, and regulations provide that the student can not be put at risk of disadvantage or discrimination as a result of making a complaint when the complaint has been made in good faith.

Students should note that all staff involved in a complaint will be required to respect the confidentiality of information and documents generated in, or as a result of, the complaint and not disclose such information to people not concerned with the matters in question.

EC-Council University maintains open files for inspection regarding all complaints lodged within the past 3 years against faculty, staff and students.

If possible, the complaint should be given to the individual directly responsible for the situation. EC-Council University will NOT take adversary action against the student who lodged the complaint.

EC-Council University encourages individuals to take the following steps when handling complaints:

Step 1

Submit your complaint in writing to the Associate Dean at: [email protected]

In the complaint be sure to include:

  • Your name and contact information
  • Who/What the complaint is about
  • The instance that occurred
  • Date(s) of occurrence

The Dean will respond to your complaint within 3 business days.

Step 2

If the student is dissatisfied or feels unable to confront the individual who is directly responsible, the case will be handed over to the Dean, who will investigate the matter and report back to the student. The investigation will be handled in an impartial manner.

Should the student still be dissatisfied, he or she can seek relief from the New Mexico Higher Education Department at:

New Mexico Higher Education Department,
2044 Galisteo Street Suite 4,
Santa Fe, NM 87505-2100,
or call 1-505-476-8400

What can I do if I’m still not satisfied?

Should the student still be dissatisfied, he or she can seek relief from the New Mexico Higher Education Department at New Mexico Higher Education Department, 2044 Galisteo Street Suite 4, Santa Fe, NM 87505-2100, 1-505-476-8400 or From the NMHED website: The Private Postsecondary Schools Division (PPSD) is responsible for the following:

Enforcing the New Mexico statutes and rules for all private postsecondary educational institutions operating with a physical presence in the state of New Mexico
Cooperating with authorities seeking to resolve student complaints against state-authorized postsecondary educational institutions and designated out-of-state proprietary schools

The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) is an agreement among member states, districts and territories that sets national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. EC-Council University (ECCU) is an NC-SARA approved institution and the New Mexico Higher Education Department (NMHED) is the NC-SARA Portal Entity for New Mexico. Distance Education students attending ECCU who would like to resolve a grievance should follow ECCU’s established Student Complaint Process. However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file an NC-SARA complaint with the New Mexico Higher Education Department. Complaints regarding grades and student conduct violations shall not be reviewed by NMHED. Please visit for more information.

Complaints not addressed can also be submitted to the Distance Education and Accrediting Commission (DEAC) by completing the online complaint form at

Or mailed to:

Distance Education Accrediting Commission
1101 17th Street NW Suite 808
Washington, DC 20036