Cancellation of Enrollment Agreement
Tuition refunds are paid when a student pre-pays a portion or all of the tuition for a course or program and then withdraws from the course or program prior to the predetermined deadline. Tuition refunds are made within 30 days of notice of withdrawal. Refunds may also be applied to the cost of future courses. The student is notified if a balance is due to the University.
Five day cooling off period
The student has five days after signing the enrollment agreement to cancel the agreement and receive a full refund of all monies paid. Student notification of cancellation may be conveyed to ECCU in any manner.
After the five day cooling off period
Refunds are calculated on a per class basis. If a student withdraws during their first term, a registration fee of $200 will be charged. The registration fee is deducted prior to calculating the refund.
Drop/Withdrawal Request Date
- Before start of the session
- Day 1–4
- Day 5–8
- Day 9–12
- After Day 12
Prorated Tuition Charge
Tuition Refund (if applicable)
As of January 2018 the Refund Policy will change to the following
Prorated Tuition Charge
|Before start of the Term||0%||100%|
All refunds are calculated in USD. All refunds are based on the amount of tuition and lab fees paid less scholarships or fellowships. The University will refund 100% of any monies received for the overpayment or pre-payment of future courses.
Examples (in USD)
- Bob began class in the Bachelor program and paid Region 1 tuition for a 3-credit class with a lab fee, totaling $1,244. Three days later he withdrew from the cyber security program. He received a full refund of $1,244, because he withdrew during the “5 day cooling off period”
- Sally returned her enrollment agreement for the Master program and paid Region 1 tuition for a 3-credit class with a lab fee, totaling $1,534. The day before classes began she withdrew from the class. Prior to the beginning of class during a student’s first term, students receive a refund of the tuition less the $65 application fee. Sally received a refund of $1,469.
- Mohamed returned his student enrollment agreement for the Bachelor program, paying Region 3 tuition for a 3-credit class with a lab fee, totaling $874. During the third week, he withdrew from the class. In week 3 of class during a student’s first term, students will receive a refund of 60%, less the application fee and the lab fee, per the Refund Policy. Mohammed with receive a refund of $473.40.
- Lakshmi was in her second term of classes in the Master program. She paid Region 2 tuition for a 3-credit class with a lab fee, totaling $1,265. During the second week of class, she withdrew from the class due to work issues. In week 2 students receive a refund of 70% of the tuition minus the lab fee. Lakshmi received a refund of $850.50.