Speaker Chani Simms,
Designation: Managing Director Meta Defence Labs UK and Sri Lanka | Founder SHe CISO Exec
Topic: Matter of Survival and Ransomware
Date of Webinar: 31st Mar, 2020
Time and Location: 2:30 pm BST/ 07:00 pm IST/ 09:30 am EDT
She CISO Exec. Founder & CEO | Cybersecurity & GDPR Consultant | MD & Co-Founder of Meta Defence Labs UK & Sri Lanka.
Chani is a C-level advisor, vCISO, ISO27001 and IASME auditor, Cyber Essentials assessor and specialist in helping organizations implement and manage information security and data protection programs. She has been an information technology professional for over 17 years.
- The 50 Most Influential Women in Cybersecurity 2019 Winner – SC Media UK
- 2019 Winner – (ISC)2 Information Security Leadership Awards: ‘Woman Information Security Professional’ EMEA.
- Formally named to the IFSEC Global “Top Influencers in Security & Fire” for 2019. Ranked #1 in the Ones-to-Watch category.
- Shortlisted for TechWomen50 Awards 2017
As per Google, it’s estimated that last year cybercrime victims paid around $24 million to hackers deploying ransomware, and it has increased to over $1 billion this year. Ransomware/crypto attacks are becoming one of the biggest cyber threats to both individuals and businesses.
In many cases, you can’t guarantee normal access to the files even after you pay the ransom. Most modern ransomware performs extra functions to hamper the recovery of data by encrypting the shadow copies used for system restore points or even deleting them.
In this webinar, we will talk about what you should do to prevent or better survive one of these attacks. This will include a detailed plan of action for the different stages of a crypto attack.
- A plan of action for all stages of the attack
- Do you pay the ransom?
- Learn how to prevent future attacks