The EC-Council University’s International Scholarship is a tremendous opportunity for individuals who may have faced challenges in accessing higher education, particularly in the field of cybersecurity. It aims to alleviate these burdens by providing much-needed financial support in the form of a scholarship worth $5 million.
International Scholarship aims to promote social equality and provides access to accredited degree programs, including its Master’s, Bachelor’s, and GCP programs. The scholarship covers 50% of the tuition fees for these programs.
- Through this scholarship, ECCU is creating a pathway for students to become leaders in their communities and make a meaningful impact in the world of cybersecurity.
- This scholarship not only helps recipients overcome financial barriers but also gives them the tools to succeed and make a positive difference in the world.
“EC-Council University’s Cybersecurity programs are now accessible to aspiring professionals via its scholarship initiative. These world-class programs provide cutting-edge training to detect and prevent cyberattacks, identify vulnerabilities, and safeguard critical infrastructure against increasingly sophisticated cybercriminals. This initiative bridges the technical cybersecurity competency gap, enabling individuals to mitigate risks and protect valuable data.”
President, EC-Council University
THE OBJECTIVE OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP
Addressing The Cybersecurity Skills Gap
There is a growing demand for cybersecurity professionals as organizations increasingly rely on technology and digital systems. Cybercrime is predicted to cost the world $10.5 trillion annually by 2025, up from $6 trillion in 2021, will continue to generate new jobs roughly equal to those being filled over the next 5 years.
Promoting Diversity And Inclusivity
Cybersecurity has traditionally been a male-dominated field, and there is a need to promote diversity and inclusivity in this area. Women will represent 30 percent of the global cybersecurity workforce by 2025, and that will reach 35 percent by 2031 (Source: Cybersecurity Ventures).
With the increasing frequency and sophistication of cyberattacks, there is a growing need for individuals with the knowledge and skills to protect against these attacks. New McAfee Report Estimates Global Cybercrime Losses to Exceed $1 Trillion.
Providing Access To Education
Cybersecurity courses can be expensive, and not everyone has the financial means to pursue this education. Moreover, the cybersecurity industry suffers from limited qualified personnel, evidenced by the much faster-than-average BLS-predicted job growth of 34.7% through 2031.
There is a critical demand for innovation and the development of new technologies and strategies to combat cyber threats. As per a report by Frost & Sullivan, the cybersecurity industry for global
commercial and public sectors is estimated to reach $68.01 billion by 2030.
WHO CAN APPLY
FOR INTERNATIONAL CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARSHIP 2023
University / College Students
Prepare for a cybersecurity career, and improve your IT education.
Transition into a cybersecurity career, even if you aren’t sure where to begin your educational journey.
Career Transition Professionals
People from diverse domains passionate about a career in IT & cybersecurity.
OPPORTUNITY TO SECURE 50% SCHOLORSHIP ON TUITION FEE
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
IN CYBER SECURITY
MASTER OF SCIENCE
IN CYBER SECURITY
MASTER OF SCIENCE
IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Applicant is not a U.S. citizen nor has a U.S. permanent residence.
Applicant resides in one of the regions identified by EC-Council University.
Applicant needs to furnish reasons for seeking financial assistance/Scholarship
The applicant must re-apply every term to be considered for the scholarship based on their CGPA.
Applicant must meet all ECCU Admission requirements.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP?
SCHOLARSHIP REVIEW AND DECISION
Terms and Conditions
WHY A CAREER IN CYBERSECURITY IS VERY PROMISING
(as per salary.com)
(As per www.boisestate.edu)
INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
This application form is only meant for new applicants/ students seeking 1st time enrollment with ECCU
Terms & Conditions:
- To be considered for admission to the university, applicants must fulfill all the relevant admission criteria and follow the established processes.
- The deadline for applying for this scholarship is March 15, 2023.
- This scholarship award would be granted term by term, provided students meet the ECCU catalog’s requirements for satisfactory academic progress.
- Failure to pay the remaining tuition fees within 14 days of scholarship grant acknowledgment will result in forfeiture of the awarded scholarship.
- Scholarships awarded are non-transferable, and students must pay the difference in tuition fees within 7-10 days of receiving the invoice.
- The scholarship amount will not exceed the total tuition fees due for the term, year, or course duration.
- EC-Council University has the sole discretion over scholarship grants.
- The decision of the scholarship committee regarding the award is final. Any disputes will be subject to the university’s guidelines. 9- The International scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship at the university except for the cyber challenge scholarship.
- Applicants must provide true and accurate information. failure to do so will result in immediate disqualification of the application.
- In the event of any misrepresentation or fraudulent submission of documents or information relevant to the scholarships, the university reserves the right to take legal action against the candidate or their guardian. They will also recover the actual fees due with an interest rate of 12 percent compounded annually.
- Legal disputes, if any are restricted to New Mexico jurisdiction only.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it possible for a fresher to join the cybersecurity industry?
Yes, a fresher can begin a career in cybersecurity without any prior experience. With proper training and education, anyone can gain the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in this field.
Can a non-IT professional pursue a career in cybersecurity?
Yes, non-IT professionals can find employment in the cybersecurity industry. According to a recent survey by ESG, 51% of cybersecurity professionals have a non-IT background. Furthermore, with the increasing demand for cybersecurity professionals, organizations are looking for individuals with diverse backgrounds, including those with non-IT experience, to fill these positions.
Is coding knowledge required to work in the cybersecurity industry?
No, coding knowledge is not a prerequisite for becoming a cybersecurity professional. According to a survey by Cybersecurity Insiders, only 25% of cybersecurity professionals listed coding as a necessary job skill. However, having a basic understanding of programming languages can enhance one’s ability to comprehend and analyze malicious code.
Can I transition from an IT professional to a cybersecurity professional quickly?
The duration of transitioning from an IT professional to a cybersecurity professional varies depending on your current skills and experience, as well as the specific cybersecurity role you are interested in. It is important to note that many cybersecurity positions require specialized knowledge and certifications. To expedite the process, research the specific areas of cybersecurity you are interested in and pursue relevant certifications. Gaining hands-on experience through internships or entry-level cybersecurity positions can also help accelerate the transition process.
Do cybersecurity professionals earn higher salaries than IT professionals?
Yes, cybersecurity professionals generally receive higher salaries than IT professionals. According to a recent report by Burning Glass, the demand for cybersecurity job postings has increased by 300% compared to the overall IT job market. Additionally, IBM notes that cybersecurity jobs pay about $13,000 more than the average for all IT jobs, with an average advertised salary of $93,540.
What skills do I need to learn to pursue a career in cybersecurity?
The essential skills required for a cybersecurity career include:
- Network security and administration,
- Risk management and compliance,
- Cybersecurity policies and procedures,
- Cybercrime investigation and forensic analysis,
- Information security management,
- Communication and presentation skills,
- Critical thinking abilities.
Can I get hired by Fortune 500 companies with a cybersecurity certification?
Yes, pursuing a cybersecurity certification can increase your chances of getting hired by a Fortune 500 company. EC-Council University is globally recognized as a pioneer in training and certification programs that are endorsed and valued by governments, public and private sector organizations, including Fortune companies, the U.S. Department of Defense, global intelligence communities, and NATO.
What happens if I don't accept the scholarship grant within the set deadline?
Due to the expected high number of scholarship applications, failure to accept the award within the set deadline will result in the rescinding of the scholarship, and EC-Council University may offer the award to other candidates.