One the major trials in IT Security and Leadership today is that communication is increasingly global and having leaders that can communicate with large populations of diverse employees is essential. With this certainty, is the expectation that leaders possess the skills to manage effectively in the global marketplace. The ultimate success or failure of these managers is largely driven by how well they have been developed throughout their careers and prepared for the global field of play.
Purpose of Class:
The purpose of this class is to understand the theory behind global leadership. Definition of Global Leadership: World-Wide action of leading a group of people or an organization. Global leaders are an emerging class of professionals that are adept at operating in international and multicultural contexts. Initial research shows that global leaders are a unique breed with identifiable traits. They have a natural curiosity about the world and interest in people different from themselves.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Actively engage in group discussions (collaboration) and activities to develop critical perspectives, a clear sense of audience- in an effective manner
- Define the 15 dimensions of global leadership
- Explain the value of diversity in organizations
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership
- Evaluate/Analyze a large group of individuals for effectiveness
- Manage large IT teams with ease and confidence
- Develop strong partnerships for ultimate performance
|ECCU 518: Special Topics: Introduction to Cloud Computing||Master of Science in Cyber Security|
|ECCU 517: Cyber Law||Master of Science in Cyber Security|
|ECCU 516: The Hacker Mind: Profiling the IT Criminal||Master of Science in Cyber Security|